Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A lot can change in a year...

So I've deleted this blog, revamped it, changed it, hated it, but ultimately, I still want somewhere to write a bunch of thoughts that may or may not have to do with exercise or running.  And while I still plan on keeping my fitness blog, this is a good place to lay down all those wandering thoughts I still have and still feel the intense need/desire to share.

So where were you a year ago today?

Think about that for maybe five minutes.  I can tell you I was working at Fox Speech Therapy, frustrated and fed up with the way I was treated as an employee; completely exhausted with work.  I was smitten with a boy who had potential and was (and honestly still is) genuinely a great guy.  I was driving Adele (my 2001 dodge stratus from high school).  I was living at home (in Montross).  And I had just taken my board certification exam for OT.

And today all of that has changed.  Drastic right? But a lot can happen in a year.  You can quit jobs, take time off, and find new jobs within a matter of weeks.  You can have your heart broken and not even be in love.  You can buy a new car (I love Ollie by the way - my 2009 Nissan Xterra).  You can move - twice even.  Yep I did that.  Moved twice.  And you can be an OT for a whole year in a completely different field.

It's funny because day by day, nothing seems to change, but when you look at it, everything is different.  All just life lessons learned I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment